The goal of Slam City is to teach the fundamentals of offense, defense, and teamwork along with making each player better on and off the court.
WHO IS SCMG FOR?
- ANY PLAYER, ANY POSITION
SCMG will provide the tools and blueprint needed for every player to reach their potential. Players with a high basketball IQ who know how to lead and train at a high level are a valuable asset to their team and coaches.
- ELEMENTARY, MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL
Training and camps offered by SCMG are open to male and female athletes from elementary through high school.
- COLLEGE AND PRO LEVEL ATHLETES
More experienced players will be able to maximize the benefits that SCMG’s training can provide. The techniques and principles emphasized at SCMG will allow the player to stand out in a crowd.
Coaches of every level will be challenged and grow in their abilities as a result of participating in the opportunities provided by SCMG.
IS SCMG FOR EVERYONE?
If you are willing to work and expand your abilities, SCMG is for you. Dedicated athletes that are willing to take these steps will benefit most from our programs. You have to be willing to push yourself knowing that hard work will pay off.
HOW WILL SCMG IMPROVE MY GAME?
SCMG will provide athletes with the opportunity to develop in an intense, competitive environment. Our programs are constructed with the intent of making players play intelligent basketball, train efficiently and with purpose, to be an extension of the coach on the court, and to lead on and off of the court in every aspect of life.
WHAT WILL I LEARN AT SCMG?
The “little things” will be emphasized throughout your experience in SCMG programs. Many bystanders will not notice the little things during your games, but you can definitely expect coaches of all levels to see the “little things” that you will add to your game as a result of participating in our program.
At SCMG, you will know how to do the little things that will help you make the team or get noticed by that college coach sitting in the gym. You will know how to:
- Get you teammates involved in the offense.
- Get to the rim by breaking down your defender effectively.
- Develop a shooter’s mentality and find high percentage shots.
- Give your coach confidence when you have possession of the ball.
- Handle pressure and keep turnovers to a minimum.
- Read the offense and know what to do and where to go.
- Create scoring opportunities with and without the ball.
- Demand attention in the paint.
- Take your opponent out of his comfort zone by playing intelligent, tough defense.
- Develop control of your body, footwork, and balance.
- Change the game by making plays.
- Get to the line more times per game.